Pike Township Fire Department, located in the northwest corner of Indianapolis, serves over 88,000 residents in a forty-four square mile area through services designed to protect life and property. Pike Fire provides an array of support to the community, including:
- Fire and emergency medical response, including advanced life support first response and transport
- Fire investigation, inspection, and plan review
- Public education through targeted community risk reduction
- Project lifesaver search and rescue
- Surface water, ice, and boat rescue
- Heavy extrication response
Pike Fire’s vision is to foster an environment of pride, tradition, and service through belief in and application of our core values by every member of the department. Those core values are Professionalism, Integrity, Kinetic Leadership, and Enthusiasm.
In 2019, Pike Fire responded to over 12,900 incidents and transported nearly 6,000 persons to local hospitals for emergency medical treatment.